08/02/15 The Magneto Part II

With my shiny new impact driver I have finally been able to remove the screws from the magneto and extract the rotor. It was quite rusty inside and would not turn freely. I managed to clean the insides and apply some grease to the bearings. Once reassembled it now turns easily by hand and even produces a tiny spark! I have ordered a new set of contact breaker points and a new condenser for it. Hopefully I can manage to repair the magneto myself, as it is very expensive to have them professionally rebuilt especially if the coil is knackered and needs rewinding.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s